Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby Bup - Mr. Almost 2yrs!

Our sweet little babe has grown and changed and left us in the dust. Almost 2?! No! Stop the bus.
He's still my baby.




The "baby" who at 530am calls "Mommy, Mommy," and when Favorite Husband opens the bedroom door, Bup continues with "Wanna cookie."
Our 530am Cookie Monster who growls "Cookie" like he is the Cookie Monster and is obsessed with all things Elmo and Sesame Street. If you tell him "Elmos" is all finished, all gone, he starts naming all the other characters."Ernie? Bert? Bird?" One of them has to be available!
Guess what theme Bup's birthday will be?
Mr. Almost 2yrs is learning and changing everyday. I love this stage. I love watching him learn. I love witnessing him attempt to copy all that his big brother does (although it freaks me out too!). Love that he's still a little uncoordinated and his jumps are leaps with feet barely leaving the ground....love his drooly kissy face, love watching him clap, giggle, laugh & run.
I do not love his little temper tantrums, his hitting or throwing toys or the odd bite when frustrated but it's too cute when he quietly says, "Mommy" and comes to lay his head on me as he knows he's in trouble.



This one is going to be the child that rules the roost I think. Rules it with his cuteness and sweetness and ability to pull at your heart strings.

3 comments:

  1. Hard to believe where two years has disappeared. We love him more every day and wish we could be there to observe very special event, watch Elmo with him and see all the wonderful games that he plays. Quite a boy! I still have the sweetest fish lip kisses on my patio door. Guess I really should window clean - but makes me feel a lot of love for him when I see the kisses smiling at me in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee hee...I think the 'baby' in the family always has a certain way with mom and dad. Or maybe it's the smooshy kisses!
    Or in R's case those long lashes and super blue eyes...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold onto the kisses a little longer and just frame them. Clean the rest of the window if you wish.

    ReplyDelete