Sunday, April 19, 2009

TSC Update


Last week found us at Children's Hospital for tests.

Abdominal Ultrasounds.


Bup did great. He cried a little but stayed pretty still and when I offered to sing, he sniffled a "Yup" and just lay there quietly while I crooned Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Hi -Lili Hi -Lo & You Are My Sunshine. Sweet little fella. Easy to please.

The Tech said it looks like the tumors on his kidneys haven't changed. Wuhoo! We'll get the official results from Dr. Genetics in a week or so. Honestly, I wasn't one bit worried about this...just felt in my core that they would be okay.


W had his first abdominal ultrasound to check for TSC that day too. The poor guy. We talked and talked about it but when the moment arrived he was scared....fighting scared. I felt so bad for him. He screamed and cried and tried to get away and begged for me to help him. It hurts your heart to witness that kind of emotion in your child. Unfortunately the Tech was slightly maimed in the process with a kick to the head. Yet, I still felt worse for W.


No results yet. And I'm not worried. He's not presenting any problems so it'll be fine.


However, I am dreading this Thursday as it's MRI time for W.

Yes, an anesthetic is used. But if his fear & reaction is this strong over an ultrasound can you only imagine how many of us it will take to hold him down for the anesthetic mask? Oh, my poor boy. I do hope he surprises us all. It'll be a relief to have this testing completed and behind us.

3 comments:

  1. Can you practice with something at home first? A CPR mask or something? My big K fights tooth and nail when he has to have blood taken...takes three of us to hold him down, so I can relate...he'll do just fine, get the vocal cords warmed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie...

    How crazy...Trevy just had a kidney ultrasound last week too! Only his was to make sure his pee-pee makers are growing well. I'm a little nervous to hear...because Dr. Radiologist had to come himself to remeasure the right side. Although...it could be cause Trevy & W have the fighting mad/scared connection?!

    Anyway...

    I know I always have migranes until hospital days are over...so I'll be thinking of you! Hope all goes smoothly!

    And as always...your sweet optimism has rubbed off (A LITTLE) on me! *wink*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. tough little guys!
    your calm soothing influence is sure to help...or maybe some good bribery??!

    ReplyDelete