Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Favorite Spinach Salad

Traditionally when I think of a spinach salad, strawberries come to mind, in addition to the spinach of course. Now, this salad is totally different and just as easy as it is different.


Years ago, we dined at a friends' who served this combination and it was love at first bite. Hopefully, you fall in love too!


Spinach Pesto Salad
Fresh baby spinach - as much as you want
Pine Nuts - 1/2 - 1 cup, toasted....I'm not good at the toasting part as they always get burned and my husband finds it hilarious when I yell, "Oh! I burned my nuts again!"...so not appropriate!
Basil Pesto Sauce - pasta sauce, the Olivier's kind/style
Purple Onion - 1/2-whole, chopped or diced, depending on how much you like onion
Mix it all together and voila!

Enjoy our favorite spinach salad.


Tip: Make sure everyone at the meal partakes in this as it's a little smelly and that way you all smell the same and no one is offended.:) Or offer breath mints, gum, After Eights, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Said talk of nuts gets quite the snicker from my husband too! Only his is more a gasp as he hasn't noticed them attached before now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete