Saturday, September 12, 2009

Liar Liar Pants on...

....a lilac bush.

As I snuggled with Bup & sang his lullaby's I could hear W watching TV and playing. Which is our safety routine if I'm alone and tucking the boys in one at a time.
After about 5 minutes, I shut Bup's bedroom door and stood at the top of the stairs. There was Warner at the bottom in his red golf shirt.
"Mommy, I just put my underwear in my room."
"Okay." See, he was on his way to bed, so it's fine that he had started undressing and the fact that he put his underwear in his room...well, wuhoo! W is learning to put things back where they belong. I came down the stairs and W moved towards the center of the kitchen and kinda smirked at me and pointed at the patio doors.
"What?"
Still more smirking and pointing.
"What W? I don't see anything" And then I moved to the door and looked to the right in the direction he was pointing.
AAAhhhh!! "W!"
There on the neighbors lilac bush, over our fence, was a little pair of Cars underwear!
I stomped across the yard, found a plastic hockey stick and fished the undies from the neighbors tree. Then I stomped back in the house, while thinking...I will not laugh!....and had a chat with W about truth and lying.
....pants on fire.

That's the first time...that I am aware of ....that W intentionally did not tell me the truth. Slightly freaks me out. I know it's and age & stage issue...right now anyway. What kid comes up with this stuff? Throw your underwear over the neighbors fence and tell your mom they are in your room.
Give me strength!

4 comments:

  1. Chuckle chuckle!! TEEHEE

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of each...

    Toby...the one who outs his own naughty cause his guilty conscience won't let him live with it lurking.

    Bristel...who tells me "noooo...I didn't" with the chocolate evidence all around her mouth.

    Keeps life interesting...this thing called parenting! :)

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some children *ahem* seem to enjoy an audience for their escapades...

    The scary thing is, it's actually pretty funny!! Do you think they know that already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was pretty funny! It's hard not to laugh when they do those things sometimes though. But I don't know where they learn to lie so early on, but they just do.

    My (2 yo) daughter was sitting on her dad's lap the other day and tuted. And then said,Daddy, say scuse me! How does a 2 yo think of blaming someone else for that?

    ReplyDelete