Monday, December 7, 2009

Don't you hate it when....

...you can finally leave the house on your own...only to find your vehicle has a flat tire.
....it's -25.

...while dropping off your 4 yr old at preschool you lock the car with the keys in it, the car is running and your 2 yr old is inside.

....it's 1 hr and 25 min before AMA will even call you back.
...you can only find your angry eyes.
....the wonderful firefighters, EMS staff and police are exceptionally kind and you can only hang your head in shame after apologizing and thanking them profusely.

....you don't have spare diapers with you.

....you get stuck in the snow beside a parked car because an oncoming car will not move over and then the van behind you just backs up, drives past and doesn't offer to help.

.....the parked car beside you is only inches away.

....you have nothing to offer other than a heartfelt "Thank you!" to the kind men who stopped to push your car out after at least three cars drove by without a second glance.

....you finally get home and the garage door is wide open and will not shut.

....you feed your kids ham & mustard sandwiches for dinner using contraband bread.

....you have to wait until the kids are in bed to open the wine.

"Just another manic monday...."This song is rolling through my head over & over again.

After all that in just one day, I've decided never to leave the house again unless I can walk to wherever I'm going and will homeschool my children and grow my hair down to my ample bottom and throw out my cosmetics and live a simple, happy, life. So there.

Now....to break it to my husband!

4 comments:

  1. OH-MY! By the time I was reading line 3 I was wondering if this all happened in one day... and it did!? What a crazy day! I'm so sorry you had to go through that, that's completely insane! You totally deserved some wine after a day like that.
    Hope the rest of your week is MUCH better. Sending you a big hug!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would probably approve if I had called him in the state of mind I can imagine you were in.

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! Even after all of that you managed to bring humour to it. You really should write a book.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete