Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Conversations at the Firetruck Park

After a leisurely morning of sleeping in until 8am (8am!!! Happy Birthday to me!) the Littles and I went for groceries where to little fellas were perfectly behaved while they consumed & share a cheese bun, did not stand up in the cart, and helped me bag groceries without breaking any eggs, we then stopped at the Firetruck Park for a play before lunch & naps.
I had to laugh out loud. W was standing at the top of the stairs on the Firetruck talking to me about the spiderweb that was in the corner of the play apparatus.
"I don't touch spiders with my finger. They maybe bite me."
"Yes, W spiders bite so we don't' touch them."
"Beetle bugs bite my lip"
"Yes, you're right"
"Lady Bugs are gentle. They don't bite. I hold them up close & look with my eyes at their googlie eyes. They're nice googooglie eyes."
And then, off my little entomologist goes to whiz down the slide.



Bup enjoying the swing today. He sat on my knee, laid his head on my shoulder,and snuggled right in as we swung on the big swing. What a great day, swinging side by side with W while R is nestled in on my lap. Moments like this are worth treasuring.

2 comments:

  1. Would have loved to gone to the firetruck park with you all. And spiders, well I don't like misquito bites either and I got 3 today while helping the farmer load the really big grain truck. Not a firetruck, but it will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...bugs are no good! Except ladybugs with googooley eyes!
    We would love to have you at the firetruck park with us. "It be fun!"

    ReplyDelete