Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Prairie Oasis Park Camping



The weekend found us camping here.

We had a great time. There were lots of kids for the boys to play with as well as puppy's to pet and get licked by. W & R spent some time at the beach which resulted in a 40lb diaper (oops! forgot to put the swim diaper on), sand in their "bits", and even a ride in the boat and tube behind it. Pretty special!


Of course, the lake freaks me out. On it's edge is a power plant. My FH isn't concerned and has kiaked there before. Yet, I'm sure that it must be contaminated and if we weren't already done having a family we would have no choice after tubing and water-skiing over the weekend as the contaminants may have made the decision for us. By the way, my FH thinks I've lost "it" and maybe watch a little too many episodes of "The Nature of Things"!

2 comments:

  1. The power plant stuff reminds me of The Simpsons... heh!
    A very well deserved break. And nothin' says vacation like sandy bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little lake, we just booked a site out there. One thing I notice is that it's also a bird reserve and there are no dead ones floating around. I guess it must not be radioactive, huh?!

    ReplyDelete