Thursday, January 29, 2009

Burned Out & Fired Up

Doesn't it just burn you out? This whole taking care of business...health business...has me exhausted today. We were in appointments for most of the day...and are no farther ahead. We are still waiting to hear about testing for R & the rest of our family. It seems that we get help in the most unexpected of places, not from most physicians...where I expected it.
And, can you believe that AHC premiums have been cancelled? What-What-WHAT?! The system is running at a deficit, we wait MONTHS for appointments, do not have enough doctors or staff of any specialty and tests are refused because it would have to be sent to the USA and "we are running at a deficit" and now, we pay nothing for health care. Do I have that right? Have I misunderstood this whole no AHC premiums for 2009? Help me out here.
Sorry. Can you tell I'm frustrated tonight?

One of our lengthy appointments today was at a Health Management Clinic that offers a collaborative care approach....RN, Dietitian, Kinesiologist, and Behavioral Therapist.....hmmmm..... lets say that this is IT.
It's time for change, and not just because Obama is in the Oval office!
My waist is 18 inches bigger than it was in high school ....
....and today W asked me "Mommy do you have a bouncy bum?" (While I was getting dressed I might add!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally frustrated with the health care in this city! And there's no real excuse, except poor management all around...??
    ARG!! (that's my exasperated pirate voice)
    I am currently seeking motivation to get my own changes going. I'm sure I used to have a muscle or two. Somewhere.

    p.s. we finally have an appt with FM on Feb 12th. I hope our person is as good as your person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about FM! We'll talk further before then. It's been helpful for certain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmmm...sounds eerily familiar...cept we pay through the nose to boot!

    And the waistline...I think we need to move that up to the forgetful post! *wink*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete