Friday, January 23, 2009

Weird TV

There are days, like the last two due to the colds that have taken over our boys, that the TV is on much, much TOO much. But then, rather than continue to guilt myself, I remember we are in SURVIVAL MODE on days such as these.



Have you noticed some of the WEIRD & wonderful children's programs? Some are just plain weird and freak me out. I'm sure that In the Night Garden is giving subconscious messages to children that they must disobey and over take their parents! That show freaks me out! I don't get it. Yes, it's a bedtime story, but I don't get it. The really frightening part is that my boys LOVE it! Aaaahhhhh! Shut.....it....OFF!


















And then there's Four Square. The first time I saw this when W was a little mite of a babe, I was so NOT open to it. But now...I get it. The boys love it. Bup is hilarious trying to imitate them. Let me just say, this white boy can't jump. Two feet do not leave the ground just a little bopping.



So, what are the weird and wonderful programs in or avoided in your household?

5 comments:

  1. Margo, you really should write for something. Newspaper, magazine...something. You are a fabulous writer and I always love to read your blog. I am with you on those exact shows. Faith & Cole are mesmerized by the "Night Garden", which really freaks me out, cause Faith doesn't even like "baby" shows anymore. Subliminal? I think! Anyway, Four Square comes on and it is an immediate "shut it off please" in our house (really it is the suits, they are much too revealing LOL). Hope you get over those colds soon. Tip from one homeo mom to another- C-Plus Cold by Hylands from the health food store. Works like a charm. (Also, vicks on the feet at night with socks). Take care and we hope to see you soon. I also wanted to let you know that it will not be on the wekend of the 30th now because Kevin's "other" at work is now on holidays so his sched has changed. We will call & chat soon.

    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Cornberg! Thanks for reading, stopping by and giving me such positive feedback. A little secret is that I used to LOVE to write...and as a child wrote "books"...I'm sure the binders are at my mom's somewhere...you know sappy, cheesy romances that only a 12yr old could write/read!:)
    Your homeopathic remedies are in my pantry! We use the Hylands Vit C and the Vicks on the feet (Brad thinks I'm wacko but it works!) and also Stodal Cough Syrup for the 2yrs old & up crowd, it's honey based, and does pretty well.
    W's on the mend today, still not great, but improved and R is worse for wear today.
    That's a huge bummer about the 30th. I'll call or email with other date options. Curses to Kevy's "other"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex is 5 and is still in love with the Backyardigans. I have to admit they've definitely got it going on! Catchy music, themes for each show - it's great!

    What a really did not like watching was Boohbah. Both boys liked it but I think it's right up there with Teletubbies which were probably the leader in subliminal messages for tots!

    Have a great weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss E has the little characters for the Night Garden. They are veeery strange, but she seems to like them.
    I can't stand Max and Ruby (I'd like Max to slap her).
    The kids like Backyardigans and Wonderpets. And also Little Einsteins and Kim Possible on the 'other' channel.
    Oh and Super WHY.
    But they don't watch them all everyday...um yeah...
    My personal favorite is a fabulous series from the library (BBC) called Charlie and Lola. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Mrs. M you have always told the best stories...ever since I've known you. You have a knack.

    ReplyDelete