Sunday, January 22, 2012

Storybook Sunday...and a Pancake!

Today I had the pleasure of taking the boys to Storybook Theatre to see the Munsch Ado About Nothing production.
Who was more excited.....the momma or the kiddos? Toss up!
I loved that they were attending their first live theatre production! **( Maybe 'cause I enjoy live theatre...and miss it. Pre-children life I went often. Now not so much)**
Watching their faces light up and smile as they caught the play on words, or slap stick comedy....it was purely joyful for me. One of those fascinating mothering moments that one wishes would freeze in time.
Circus Boys!
Tiger W.
Bear Bup.
 ***************************************************************************

Sunday dinner. Growing up this was supposed to be something more than the average week night dinner. Roast beef probably. Maybe a late afternoon dinner.

 But here, in RWB world, we quite like to serve breakfast for dinner on Sunday's. Easy. Welcomed by all.
(My sister serves popcorn and a movie for dinner on Sunday nights. It's family night at their house and they ALWAYS have popcorn and a movie!)
Tonight, our island was graced with an Dutch Baby. Apple-oven pancake and bacon. Oh yeah....heart-attack in a frying pan. Mmmm,mmmm!
The pancake was delish and I wish there were left overs for breakfast. No leftovers? That's a good sign! So, I shall share this recipe with you.

Dutch Baby

Oven (apple) Pancake
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place a cast iron frying pan or oven safe pan in the oven to heat.

Mix pancake batter. I used a GF pancake mix and added a TBSP of apple cider vinegar...the key to fluffy pancakes.

Peel and core two apples. Mix in dish with 2 -3 tsp cinnamon and 1/3 cup agave (or brown sugar or sweetener of choice).

Pour apple mixture onto bottom of hot frying pan and pour pancake batter on top.

Bake in oven for 17-20min.

Serve with sour cream, or maple syrup (that was us!) or nothing....it's THAT good!

3 comments:

  1. My hubs would appreciate the pancake. My offspring...not so much! :)

    Also...I'll get around to posting it on my blog eventually...but in the meantime, I did a little quicky video tour of my school/therapy room and thought I'd give you a sneak peek:

    http://youtu.be/w-g_VZzjj3A

    It's ever evolving as I get better ideas or more $$ :P But the things I can't live without are the IKEA Trofast system for Trevy's work, the trampoline and the whiteboards!

    xo

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Danielle! Great ideas. I love the jumping while practicing sounds. I may just use that for W and phonics and such.
    The Trofast are to die for....right now they are housing lego in our house...but I may just have to invest in more for R & W. Whiteboards.....brilliant! Beats the easel anyday!
    Thanks again for sharing...I really appreciate it!
    Hugs
    Margo

    ReplyDelete