Saturday, October 18, 2008

Adorned


I've been toying with the idea of getting my nose pierced. I like the look and remember sitting beside a friend in my first year of college, Race and Ethnic Relations Sociology class, admiring her piercing and wanting one for myself. Fast forward 18 yrs and my nose is still piercing free. Except the time I had a fake cat's head nose ring, used to freak out some people in my life. It was funny.

My husband isn't daring me to do it, but he has little concern as he knows about my pain tolerance. It's non-existant. I almost fainted & threw up from an upper ear piercing! So, nostril? I don't know if I can go through with it. Plus, my pores are huge. What if it just falls in?!

I've been researching on line and that makes me nauseous. But still, wouldn't it be pretty...from a distance, don't look at my pores!

8 comments:

  1. Go for it! The risk is minimal and if you don't like it just take it out. You only have one chance at today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go, I'll go. I am also in the same quandry!!!!

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a little tiny sparkle is so pretty!
    (but not on me - if I had beautious skin perhaps...)
    I say go for it too =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted one for a lonnnnng time but Aaron's just not a huge fan of them, he said they're too passe.

    I've never been stylish so why start now was my response, ha ha!

    Maybe one day I'll take the plunge..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you big chicken! Go already! *wink* I've had it done twice...once in Kenya where the barbarians used a gun like the old school days! That one hurt! And the backing WAS SO tight that when I took it out my nose puffed up like a balloon fish! The second time was done in the States...in a more civilized manner! Altho the girl who did it this time had enough piercings to keep my mind distracted! You know what the say...only let a girl with permanant copper horns on her forehead do your nose ring piercing! lol

    It will look cute!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete