Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. The whole idea is brilliant to me.....giving thanks, being grateful, an attitude of gratitude....these are all life changing and I believe in them wholly and yet often I need to remind myself to be thankful. It's easy to be thankful for the big things, but the regular day to day little things are easily lost. You know, like having a home, running water, family, food, heat, etc, etc.
This year, I have so much to be thankful for. Benign tumors, a decent medical system, compassionate people, diet coke (my goodness I'm STILL drinking it!), coconut rum (there I go again...the slummy mummy is coming out), ponytails, sleep, naps, laughter, friends, family, but the one thing/person I am really, truly grateful for his my favorite husband. And he doesn't get enough air time on this blog, so it's beyond time that I focus on him.
My favorite husband is truly amazing. In a quiet, thoughtful kind of way. He lets me be the loud, out-in-front one, even when I shouldn't be which is probably most often. He accepts me for who I am, faults, flaws and loud laugher that I am. He eats my cooking and even compliments it! He loves his boys, endlessly and unconditionally. He's funny and enjoys humor and has a fun, cheesy side to him, for example the hula girl I brought back from Hawaii 5 years ago still graces the dash of his truck. He's a hockey fanatic and is the "Cliff Claven" of hockey and other things too. ( Read Guinness Book of World Records, Encyclopedias, Discovery Channel, etc) But most of all, he is loving and sensitive and supportive. For example, this Thursday B was home before me and upon my arrival advised that he had gotten a ticket on his way home from work. My first thought was "Oh no!"...money thrown away, right? Then my lovely blue eyed husband held out his hand with a ticket in it....a ticket to a concert, for that night, just for me because "I know you had a rough day yesterday (at the hospital) and could use some time on your own."!!!
So, I am evermore grateful to have B as my favorite husband. Grateful that he puts up with me. And this Thanksgiving, he's the top of my gratitude list. [Right beside the coconut rum!:)]
What's on yours?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you have such a sweet hubby! You deserve it.

    I am thankful for the internet. Is that wrong? If it is, I don't want to be right.

    And I'm thankful for pumpkin pie from Sunterra. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...love your gratitude list Mrs. Mittens. I too am thankful for the internet. That is not wrong. It is our lifesaver, our educator, our connector and our entertainment at times. All good things. Makes me a better mom somedays...I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey --- the coconut rum & fresca is a delightful drink. Never thought I'd say I liked RUM!!!

    ReplyDelete