Sunday, October 26, 2008

Karma


Karma...what does it mean to you?

I often think this term is used loosely and what does it really mean? To me it's basically you reap what you sow.

Apparently, I've sowed alot of junk lately. If my experiences Friday have anything to do with it.

Friday was one of the WORST days....ever.

It started with a bad time at playschool. I won't even get into the details of that. Let's just say after the two hours all it was all I could do not to flip my gippy and my mind kept saying, "I can't do this." By this, I mean parenting.

Then once home, later than desired, I was helping B to get the boys packed for a weekend trip to visit their grandparents. While switching the car seats to the truck, I fell out of the truck and twisted my ankle very badly. Within a short period of time I could hardly walk. So, with the boys gone I hobbled myself to the car and off to the jewellery store to have my rings sent away for sizing because they are blistering my fingers, yes, weeping blisters. Once there I broke the car.... parked a little too closely to the parking curb which caused the radiator to lose all fluid and I needed to "Stop car now" as the dashboard indicated. So, I did. And found that I could not call for help because numbers 4,5, & 6 did not work on my cell. So, there I was stranded on a Friday night, with no phone, a gimped-up ankle, and it was dark. I eventually limped several blocks to a Subway store where the lovely cashier took pity on me and called a cab for me. It was 8pm by the time I got home and I had left the house at 4pm for just a quick trip to the jewellers.

Two days, and 867 dollars later and here I am. Now why is this "karma" you wonder? Because on Friday after playschool we stopped at a pharmacy to pick up more meds for R and I ACCIDENTALLY stole a diet coke! Put it in the cart beside the babe and didn't see it until we were in the car on our way. I COULD have went back in the store but chose not too...too much hassle. So, the way I see it, that $1.50 dc just cost me a lot of frustration, worry, time and $867!!

Karma. God teaching me a lesson about stealing. "You take from others Missy and the world will take from you". Talk about learning the hard way. Karma. Reap what you sow. I gotta sow something better...prosperous...fast!

3 comments:

  1. I feel SO guilty for smiling!

    My *karma* just called to me. From the potty. I had used the last of the paper...and didn't replace it hoping that J would. He didn't. And thus Bristel calling me away from my comment! ha! Seeee...you're right...karma does follow us!

    I too believe karma is *you reap what you sow*...*what goes around...*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, what a CRAPPY day for you my friend.
    I sort of believe in Karma, as in 'do the right thing'.
    But not entirely. Or politicians and the like would be constantly struck by lightning...!

    ReplyDelete