Tuesday, November 18, 2008

911

Bedtime has been a struggle more often than not lately. Tonight was no exception.
Five times W was up for one thing or another. Twice for legitimate toileting so that was okay...a little frustrating, but ok. Then I noticed his bedroom light shining under the door and what did I find? But a little boy sitting by the headboard reading his new Munschworks Book. So, I played the Robot routine...said nothing, did not look him in the eye, calmly tucked him back in and the second time, the book came out with me with loud protests of, "Hey! Hey!".
Next my favorite husband saw the shining light and entered the room to find our avid reader engrossed in a Christmas book. B talked to W about going to sleep and
W told him, "I'm calling the police."
B: "What did you say?"
W: "I'm calling the police cause SHE TOOK MY BOOK!"

Can you believe it? I hardly can! Who knew he KNEW about calling the authorities?! Isn't this all starting rather early?! If anyone teaches him how to dial the phone they are in BIG TROUBLE!!

3 comments:

  1. now THAT made me laugh! How clever!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where they learn some of this stuff. But I agree, if anyone teaches any little people how to use the phone BIG TROUBLE!
    Too funny though. Call the police...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!! So funny, M! I had to share with Dan!

    ReplyDelete