Saturday, November 8, 2008

This Past Week

Where have I been? Home.
What have I been doing? Not much.
How are the boys? Good.
Feel like you're trying to pull teeth from a chicken? Yup.

Monday - much needed home day. De-Halloweening the house & yard. By the way, what shall I do with the mushed pumpkin on the chair in the front garden? Yuckers!
Tuesday - yet another child appointment and a shopping trip for some bouncy toys. Right next door to our favorite toy store is a well known yarn shop. It is also well known among knitters that children are NOT welcome. Guess what rebel took both her boys there? It went really, really well other than hugging the mannequins which are swinging from stands, kind of noose-like really....disturbing.... and using the bathroom without parental guidance (good job W!)...thankfully I caught him before he came searching for me with his pants in his hand. Imagine the very stoic, unsmiling woman who searched me out to inform me that "He's in the bathroom." Hear a firm British accent here. And "No hugging the mannequins." Oh, I am SUCH a rebel!
Wednesday - Heritage Time Out mom's group....and Take Your Kid to Work day for all Grade 9 students in the city. My niece could not attend with her parents due to confidentiality so she "worked" with me on Wednesday and I had three extra little boys that day which included school transporting. I created a monster though, a knitting one. Taught said niece to knit at the Mom's Group and she knit all day!! It really is the new yoga.
Thursday- Cheap Chicks Coffee morning - three of us who are desperately trying to be more frugal (and sometimes successful at it) meet regularly, this time at our home where we coffeed on homemade Mexican Coffee, exchanged Crockpot recipes (hello! easy is my middle name!), dined on fruit crisp while the Littles ate us out of the house...ham sandwiches, popcorn, fruit crisp, cereal, mandarin oranges, etc...and there was even a moment when all 6 kids 4yrs & under were QUIET....no they were SILENT!, of course they were eating popcorn and watching a movie, but hey! You do what you gotta do!
That evening it was a friend's home party extravaganza night where Christmas presents were purchased and much smelling of yummy and weird scents took place.
Friday - TGIF. Truly. Started at 420am. Why is the babe not sleeping in?! Playschool...swimming. Went really well. No child of mine bolted from me in the complex. There was one splashing incident which was quickly curtailed.
Chinese Take Out for dinner. Wuhoo!!
And there you have it....a week in the life of a stereotypical SAHM. All glamour. To quote my friend's husband, "Every day is a Saturday!"

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty well balanced, fun and productive week!
    Cool bouncy toys. The Mexican coffee looks delish. I've always wanted to try Mexican(spicy) hot chocolate.
    What did you think of Norwex? I might have to try some cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    Saturday used to mean sleeping in, leisurely breakfast, hanging out with friends/shopping, maybe a movie or dinner out.
    Everyday like Saturday?? I WISH!!

    ReplyDelete