Saturday, November 1, 2008

Politics

Okay, I'm not all that much of an political scientist, but here are a few thoughts on current politics.
Canada....frankly I'm happy the way the election went. And so pleased that Dion is gone! That guy and his agenda just....ugh, gives me hives. Recently I was at a concert where at the encore the musician commented about how important it is to be patriotic. Something that is kind of foreign to Canadians I think. We're QUIETLY patriotic, unlike our southern friends.
US...well, well, well, it's FINALLY about to end. Yes. The two yr campaign is frankly an in sult to the people and such a waste of money & energy. The amount of money that is spent on slander and mud-slinging and trying to sway "our" (I use the term our lightly as I'm not American nor able to vote in the US) opinion is an absolute sin. The millions of dollars should be sent on saving those in their backyard. Think of all the school programs and health care programs that could be enhanced by all those dollars. It is rumored that Mrs. Palin (yes, Mrs) has spent at least $170, 000 on her wardrobe. Really?! That's more than most people's yearly salaries. Now, Politician Palin, there's a soapbox I should probably avoid. I just don't agree with all the hype around her. I must be really old fashioned because I just am stuck on the fact that she has a family that needs her at home. And a new special needs baby that should not be on a campaign trail. It shocks me that this is okay. My favorite brother in law and I spoke about her and he really surprised me, in a good way, as to his thoughts on her showing empowerment of women, etc. I guess, maybe, but I'm not buying it.
Matt Damon's opinion on Sarah Palin in power just summed it up even more for me.
So, if I was an American citizen I would be voting for Obama.

2 comments:

  1. it's sad that we're way more interested in the saga south of the border than our own *yawn* election...both ends of the spectrum it seems.
    we're Obama fans over here too. he's incredibly charismatic and inspiring.
    but Bush was elected twice, so anything could happen.
    it will be nice for everyone to MOVE ON after Tuesday.
    some good comedy though (thanks Tina)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're taking the kiddos along with us to the polls tomorrow. A good ol' fashioned field trip...and hopefully a good lesson on citizenship. :) I'm torn on all of it. I'm not easily won by charisma. I find too much a bit creepy. But then I'm not convinced by the M/P ticket either. And ultimately...the biggest deal for our family right now is healthcare. And I'm not sure either ticket has the answer to that mess! But tis' true...great comedy!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete