Thursday, November 20, 2008

Razing Awareness


As you all know, our precious son R aka Bup has Tuberous Sclerosis and Epilepsy, seizures, as a result of the Tuberous Sclerosis tumors throughout his brain. There is such a stigma still in regards to seizures. They're scary. Misunderstood to many. Mental Illness...unable to function, carry out a normal life...these are some of the interpretations when people hear seizures. So, it's imperative that people become educated about seizures and how they affect those living with them, their families, etc. In one small way to help with this education, I have joined the Epilepsy Calgary's upcoming awareness campaign. So please here is my plea for sponsorship. A dollar or more, whatever you can spare, please sign up as I endeavor to meet my goal of raising $3000 for Epilepsy Calgary, by having my head shaved. Just a little effort on my part in which to try and walk in the footsteps of those who have undergone nuero surgery due to seizures and consequently had their head shaved as well. Razing awareness.

Check out all the info about the Bare naked Noggins Event! It's bound to be a fun day. Chilly but fun! If you're in town, come on down on Dec. 15. Witness the festivities and learn more about Epilepsy.

6 comments:

  1. Although I can't go to the event I'd love to sponsor you, do you have a direct link to your donation site? I can't seem to find it...I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious that I should be clicking on

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a courageous mommy!
    And you have such great hair. Kuddos to you for taking it all off for a great cause. Get yourself some warm woolies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha Beddingfield was amazing! She's got such a great voice and wonderful personality. After she was done her set she told fans she'd be in Section 222 signing autographs and doing pictures while we waited for NKOTB to come on. Love love love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great thing to do! I am a poor college student, and single Mommy but I can donate a little bit for such a great cause! How do I do that?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. KC's Mama! Thank you SO SO much! Every little bit helps, right? It all adds up. To donate click on Epilepsy Calgary on the right side of the blog, that will take you directly to the site. Then click on BNN on the right, choose my profile (Margo Hodgins) and just follow the steps to donate. Again....thanks every so much!! You've touched my heart.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you'll look adorable bald! *wink*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete