Monday, February 9, 2009

Houdini Incarnate

We've had this conversation before. You've read posts on this topic before....and yet, here it is again.
Yesterday, while I was at work, my favorite husband endeavored to change Bup's diaper without W's assistance....allowing W to remain playing in the fort Knox of our backyard. It was a lovely day. There are no gates with which to enter or escape the yard. All is well.
Until....
Houdini Incarnate is seen on the garage roof!!
GARAGE ROOF.
Little Mr. climbed the play structure and used it to get onto the roof of the garage. Of course, Favorite Husband almost had a heart attack, got the escape artist down, brought him into the house in time to hear the doorbell ringing and there was our alley neighbor who had spotted Woudini and told him to get down right now & that Mr. Neighbor was going to tell his dad.
Poor Favorite Husband...it's his turn to win the negligent parent award that I have such a collection of....and witnessed by a neighbor even. UGH!
Disclaimer:
No children were harmed in the making of this event.

6 comments:

  1. yikes...I just had a flash forward to life with Trevy! I can't totally see him on the garage roof...and it's freakin' scary! My hubby says our kids have VERY watch-y gaurdian angels!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I agree with Danielle...can totally see my guy doing that in a few years. Oh the fun of raising boys! lol

    Hope all is well.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win - hands down!

    My boys have definitely kept me on my toes but have never tried anything so daring or acrobatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recall a story told by one grandma Iva about a wee ("W")lad climbing up to the top of a windmill while his dad had him at a neighbors farm sale, probably about the same age as W-oudini. But all is well that ends well - as that little acrobat grew into a huge chicken when in comes to heights! Wish I could get him to climb up a grain bin now. OH OH look out for bins this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gram ODoe...I hope my little W becomes a huge chicken of heights SOON! We need curly wire around the top of our fences and garage roof....not unlike a prison yard!:)
    So now I know where W gets it from...it's Gramps' fault!

    Danielle, Karen, Lesley....you all can have this award/daring adventure child anytime...actually no, I won't wish that on you...it's quite frightening, embarassing at times. Thank goodness he's got an angel on his shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the young lads are quite agile and nimble...in a sort of 'impressive, but get down from there before you crack your melon' sort of way.
    Keeping those angels on their toes!

    ReplyDelete