Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Freebie




If diamonds are a girl's best friend....well, maybe pearls are a close second.


Here's a little fresh water pearl bauble with a toggle clasp that I put together to decorate your wrist. No I didn't raise the oysters/mussels to grow the pearls, however way they came into my hands (....retail beading, jewellery making, crafting, etc store...) here it is for yours.


Now, in order to be considered, please leave a comment with your sweetest or funniest Valentine story. For you silent readers, now's the time to leave a comment...finally! I know you're out there!


Here's mine...Funniest...High school...a certain less than popular fellow in my class, whom I often stood up for, gave a valentine to my best friend and I. We were the only people he gave Valentine's too. Mine read as follows:

Valentine, I look at you and get a pain in my heart.
One good burp and it's gone.

I was horrified and oh, so mad! Never would I stick up for him again. 19 years later and I find the whole thing funny.

Sweetest....every Valentine with my favorite husband. One of particular sweetness included a dozen red roses delivered to my office the day before Valentine's day....B's trademark Valentine surprise...I had tears in my eyes as I read the card and a huge grin on my face as at that time I hadn't really told the general public at work there was a beau in my life....the emotion of that day is still felt when I think about that particular Valentine day.

So, fess up. Funny or sweet. Share your Valentine's. Can't wait to read yours!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, my husband is sweet and we have a bit of a tradition of sharing a big heart of BC chocolates the night BEFORE valentines day. But nothing can really compare to giving birth to two bunchy scrunchy baby boys on Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not married to the most romantic man in the world...he openly admits that he buys the Valentines Day flowers a day in advance because they are cheaper....a fact the recipient really doesn't need to know! This year though, I received a mirror framed portrait of a beautiful red rose that he would like hung above the bed...then we had a kidless meal out and candle light in the bedroom...wink! wink! One of the best ones yet!
    I so remember the day you got that Valentine....it is quite funny now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me the best valentine's days were when I was a kid. I still remember decorating the shoebox to be my valentine mailbox and the anticipation of the cards I would get. I would paste them all in a scrapbook so I could get them out and look at them all year long. And I loved picking out the valentines and writing each person's name.

    ReplyDelete