Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Coffee - The Better Parent Beverage

Coffee is not really my drink of choice. Diet Coke is....again...after giving it up for 3 yrs! 3 yrs and I'm on the coke again...wacko. Anyway....
After a conversation with friends and remembering how my almost 2yr old W would do anything to drink flavored coffee creamer right out of the bottle, I set out to make my own. Must be healthier and less expensive than store bought, right?

This recipe is pretty good!

And hey...the Aerolatte frother is awesome & just makes beverage making so much more fun & fancy.

Homemade Coffee Creamer
2/3 cup powdered milk
2 cups water
2 packets of sweetener
2 Tbsp Vanilla (and I actually used Vanilla...not rum which is my usual substitute! )
Mix. Add to coffee. Enjoy.

Recently, my cousin, single mother of four, was shocked that I don't generally drink coffee to which she responded with,
"Oh, M! You really should drink coffee. It makes you a better parent!

This from the lady who cannot be out of range of Starbucks for a machiatto. (sp?)

4 comments:

  1. Coffee is not my thing either my friend...that is unless it is half Baileys, Irish Cream, or some other sort of creamy liquor! I even managed to flavor my herbal tea with Butter Ripple now and then....wish Tim Horton's would put one or the other on their menu so that I am not always left out of the Timmy's runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If coffee makes you a better parent than I must be SUPERMOM!!!

    I love that coffee kickstart in the morning but then switch to decaf earl grey for the rest of the morning and then a Diet Coke or Coke Zero in the afternoon.

    Water? What's that?

    I'm also addicted to LOTS of coffee creamer so I think I'll have to give your recipe a try. Sounds good and looks easy!

    Now I must go dig out a purple shirt or sweater for tomorrow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Knob Sister, I'm all for creamy liquers!

    Lesley...you are a SUPER MOM! Thanks for going purple! Much appreciated...
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink coffee either. But I have to say a diet cola can save my day. I don't like much fizz though, so I never drink it from a can. I like the big bottles that get a bit flat. Cause I'm classy!

    ReplyDelete