Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Ultimate Mothering Tool


At the risk of being either Psycho-Evil Mom or Drill Sergeant Mom, this shiny whistle is now part of my Mother Uniform and integral tool for this trade of motherhood.
I expressed my concern that I am scarring my kids for life by using a whistle, but the Parent Educator who meets with us weekly assured me it may be okay i fused properly and is widely used in some schools.
Which reminds me of a certain substitute teacher from my elementary school days (that I despised) who insulted us grade 3ers by comparing us to Trudeau and she wore a whistle too!
Scar, scar...therapy, therapy...

BUT, the whistle is a wonderful tool. My boys HATE it. I've only blown it twice this week. Now I just need to wear it and they are ready to comply.
No, they're not prefect little lemmings but at least they pay a little bit of attention to my demands...requests.

So, what's the verdict....Mommy Dearest or Captain Von Trapp?

3 comments:

  1. Who doesn't have that same unhappy memory...smacking,tacky lips, nose breathing, and the whistle. I think I only hated it because it was so loud and got your attention......there you go! Beats yelling! I think any tool that keeps them looking over their shoulder but doesn't give them nightmares is up for grabs!
    Have a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's brilliant!
    And I'm totally laughing...all the way to the store. Um yeah, the whistle store.
    whuhoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atleast if she was using the whistle she wasn't blowing directly on us...her breath was atrocious! Whatever works for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete