Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mealtime Madness

Due to our young family's schedule we rarely eat dinner together on a week night. Favorite B gets home close to the boys' bedtime so the boys and I eat early; about 430pm.
As I was dishing out the Littles' meals tonight, it struck me that this was the most colorless meal ever!

Nutritionally defunct?
A colon's nightmare?

Wholewheat pasta bows with pesto sauce, microwave scrambled eggs, and sliced cucumbers. The boys ate it up! Not a crumb to spare. Blue vinyl tablecover by RCSS and stylish plastic plates by IKEA.
Thankfully, my favorite husband was lucky enough to dine on Maple glazed spareribs, brown rice and steamed cauliflower & broccoli. Blessed provider that he is!
Hey...speaking of the OVEN...our lovely less than a year old double oven...while it was preheating tonight I smelled the acrid scent of melting plastic. Huh? Open the door and I found this!
W!! "Did you put something in the oven?"
"A blanket?"
"No..."
"Oh! Yes, I put the thing from the fridge."




The THING is the LOCK! Obviously, it frustrates W as he wanted it baked, but it doesn't deter him.
Do-not-by-these-locks.
Ever.




What's your family's favorite wacky, meal?

2 comments:

  1. Nothin' funky...my fam's fave is my homemade pizza. Well...everybody's except Toby who insists Pizza Hollywoods is better! lol I told him to get a job...and he can buy all the Pizza H he wants! *wink*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I have to use a magnet to open the cutlery drawer and the cupboard, but the oven is open?!? What's up with that! Hee! Hee! I also served very colorless tonight...perogies, tossed salad with cucmber and celery, and green beans...thank goodness there was dry ribs for a splash of brown! The family fav here is most definitely spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete